[Amps] amplifier - first try!

Ulf Tjerneld star at frizon.org
Fri Feb 19 01:03:25 PST 2010

Hi all,

I have just completed my first home built amplifier and now and I'm doing some test runs with low plate voltage. It is a simple GG circuit around a Gi7b. Before running RF test I decided to hook it up on low plate voltage for a couple of hours. At the moment I'm running 500 volts plate, 12,4 filament, no RF. With this setup I observe a plate current of 100 mA, which increases to 300 mA at 1000 volts plate. This seem to me like a very high resting current. What might be wrong here? Btw... i disconnected the bias zener, which resulted in 200 mA at 1000 volts, but still 100 mA at 500 volts. I'd be happy for any insight!

73's Ulf SM0NOR