[Amps] soft start, how to determine if needed?

Edward Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Wed Feb 24 04:07:34 PST 2010

Hi Guys,

FWIW, I had to re-build my rectifier stack at least twice before I finally
incorporated a soft-start / step-start scheme in the primary of my B+
transformer...

The p.s. is a full-wave rectifier job, applying 2.5 KV to a pair of 813s.

Since incorporating the scheme, I have had no further troubles in this
regard.

As someone said before me, it's "...cheap insurance", and not all that
daunting a task to add-in, even after the fact.."

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ