[Amps] AL-82 vs Henry 2k X

Dave Cole dave at nk7z.net
Wed Feb 24 17:59:49 PST 2010

Hi,

I just got an AL-82, used to have an SB-220.  I like the 82 much
better.  Looks to be built fine, and I have run it at 900 W RTTY in
contesting mode, lots of little short transmissions...

So far the only issue I had was a fuse blew. Some one had replace the 15 A with a 10A
fuse.  Am I happy I bought it, yes.  It feels like a really solid amp,
no real issues yet, and I would buy it again.  Do I build amps, not
very often, and not in 20 years...  :)

Dave
NK7Z

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:09:48 -0500