[Amps] Alpha 86 light bulb (#85) replacement

Alex Malyava alex.k2bb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:59:02 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

I need a lightbulb - manual says it is type #85 to fix Alpha 86 amplifier
for Javier HR2J - I am going down there next week.

I did some google search - it comes back with tonns of varionus lights -
from 120V halogens to some car headlights...

Andy NP3D have tried to order it from somewhere without any luck - the lady
on the phone was telling him "yes, sure, will ship, already almost shipped
etc" for a week, but nothing arrived yet and CC was not charged.

I am kinda short on time - my flight departs Tuesday night...

What does it look like at all?
Any chance to buy a replacement in HomeDepot/Lowes?

Any chance to replace it with some resistor with LED?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB