[Amps] 3-500Z blue glow on glass

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Jul 2 12:24:03 PDT 2010

That sure sounds like gas. You might be able to salvage it by setting up a
jig and running about 500V and enough positive bias to get the anode red.
Use plenty of air and let it cook for an hour or so.

Then step the HV to 1000, 1500, etc while adjusting the bias for the same
anode dissipation and glow.

No guarantees.

Carl
KM1H