[Amps] Rebuilt tubes

gdaught6 at stanford.edu gdaught6 at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 6 14:58:05 PDT 2010

>     Look at
> http://www.cpii.com/docs/related/23/Tube%20Ratings%20Data%20for%20Devices%20Rebuilt%20by%20ECONCO.pdf
>
> It appears that ECONCO does rebuild some tubes as low as 1000 Watt plate
> dissipation but only the rarer industrial, medical or scientific types.
> I suspect that if they did 8877's they would be over run by ham and CBers
> and would not be able to take care of the other customers. I had a
> 3CW20,000 rebuilt one time for a sputtering power supply.

On my last visit to ECONCO [last year] they said that they do NOT rebuild oxide
cathode tubes.  They have also stopped rebuilding the 5cx1500b and 3cx1200Z7, two
tubes of ham interest.  [I guess there's not enough money to be made from the 'little'
tubes.]

73,

George T Daughters, K6GT
CU in the California QSO Party (CQP)