[Amps] QSK-1500 chip

Jeff Blaine AC0C keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 17:31:04 PDT 2010

Joe,

Thanks for the comment.

Tough for me to imagine because the device's switching speed is going to be
the low tens of nS range - and the rest of the "ham stuff" with respect to
switching is going to be in mS increments.  I can't quite follow the
conclusion that the circuit would necessarily need to be modified as a
result of the part differences.  If I were looking at a nearly $250
investment required just to get two of these obsolete parts, I sure would
want to give it a try.  But that's me.

In looking at the data sheet the thing I noticed was a lot of hype on the
Mot sheet about additional diode clamps.  I can believe that the circuit may
not ensure that part is properly bypassed and the designer relied on the
input clamps to keep things from getting the gate oxide blasted.

Good luck to Lon in his adventure!

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com