[Amps] QSK-1500 chip

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 17:42:50 PDT 2010

Motorola ICs are now ON Semiconductor. From Wikipedia:

"The company originated as Motorola, Inc.'s Semiconductor Components Group, and continues to manufacture Motorola's discrete, standard analog and standard logic devices. It was recapitalized and established as an independent company on August 4, 1999. Immediately prior to the recapitalization, it was a wholly owned subsidiary of Motorola."

Newark has MC14011BCPG for 34.5 cents each in single quantities, Digikey are a little more expensive.

I have had a look at the circuit of the QSK-1500 (on BAMA), and really can't see any reason why the device is so apparently critical. It does date from 1984 when -A suffix devices were in common use and the use of a 12V rail does mean that the -B series is (highly) desirable.

If it were mine, and I was absolutely certain that the ICs needed replacement, I would fit sockets and try the cheap ones first....

73 Roger
VE3ZI