[Amps] Yaesu Quadra sockets

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Jul 12 23:48:50 PDT 2010

On 7/12/2010 10:57 PM, Charles Harpole wrote:
> Actually, there are only THREE fully usable antenna output sockets on the two Quadra models.
> Socket number four must be used to feed an outboard antenna switch, which negates its normal and oh-so-convient possible use.
> Makes the cost of socket number five even more priceless.

How does having that output being designed for a remote antenna switch
negate it's use for a single antenna?
Of course all of my remote switches are direct controlled instead of
having the control signal on the coax. I'd much rather have the extra
cable.  So far using lightning protection circuits renders most of those
inoperable, or they render the lightning protection devices ineffective.

73

Roger (K8RI)