[Amps] parasitic suppressor voodoo

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 20:03:25 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 06:29:33 +0800, Alek Petkovic <vk6apk at bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Don't tell me stuff like "four turns and 50 ohms
>worked for me." I am talking science and that
>sort of approach is NOT scientific. Gimme calculations. Somebody must know.

REPLY:

The reason you don't see specific calculations is that degree of
accuracy is not necessary. All that is needed is to "de-Q" the VHF
parasitic tank enough to reduce the tube's gain below the value
necessary to sustain oscillation. A wide range of inductor and
resistor values will accomplish the task.

But if you must, there is a ballpark value you can use to begin with.
See my other post today for the details.

73, Bill W6WRT