[Amps] MDI Mercury contactor for Henry step start

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 09:02:59 PDT 2010

Gentlemen:

I have located the company called MDI in Michigan that makes the black SP-1072 mercury contactors used in the oem Henry step start system.

This unit and a 50 ohm 100 watt resistor are all l you need for a very effective SS system in whatever amp you put it in.

I recently got around to installing one in my 3K Classic X that I had to have the ECA 1214 repaired in. Now, no more thump upon power up!

They have quoted me a price of $80 each which is steep, but just wanted to see if anyone here was intersested in a piggyback order. FIY this is their 25+ quantity pricing to help us out, as they no longer have a demand from Henry.

I want to install an SS in my 3002A since it has the pricey 1171 HV xformer that we know also is subject to power on surge damage.

                                                            Don   N8ECH