[Amps] More parasitic choke questions

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Jul 27 05:39:45 PDT 2010

With such a low Q involved the effect is miniscule and not noticed, it is
mostly cancelled out by its own R. Of course the main L should be very low
loss and the complete suppressor should not absorb any of the desired HF
power.

 Ameritron has gone to the MOX resistor and mica caps. This was part of a
long running argument between myself and a former forum member, in the 90's,
who kept insulting my suggestion....based upon testing with 5W....and it was
later found implemented in his companys amps (-;  No surprise standard
performance there.

Carl
KM1H