[Amps] More parasitic choke questions

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Thu Jul 29 18:06:59 PDT 2010

"If one did not care about bypassing the HF around the resistor, one
could have only the resistor without a coil at all and the parasitic
suppression would be equally effective. Power loss would be high of
course, but it would work. I have never seen it done that way and I
mention it only to help folks understand what the purpose of the coil
is. I am not recommending it."

This was not uncommon in low power amplifiers.  I have seen it in the plate
leads of 6AG7 amplifiers and some vhf receiving rf amps.  It can also be
used in the grid or cathode circuit, where losses are not as substantial.

Colin  K7FM