[Amps] No parasitic choke question

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 19:29:25 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:17:06 -0700, Jim Barber <audioguy at charter.net>
wrote:

>I was thinking (perhaps in error) that if the parasitic network was
>right at the cathode connection it might be more effective in the case
>where there was imperfect shielding between the goesinna and goesoutta.
>(quite often the practical case)

REPLY:

You can't just move the same parasitic suppressor from the anode to
the cathode. It is designed for a relatively high impedance circuit
whereas your cathode is relatively low. There are a number of ways to
accomplish suppression in the cathode area. Check the archives for the
last week or so on the subject.

73, Bill W6WRT