[Amps] backwards plate transformer

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Tue Jun 1 09:07:06 PDT 2010

I have done this too.  I took the transformer out of the can (I am not sure what the status of the oil was - but it was some 35 years ago) and it worked fine with 240 volts on the "primary" with 2400 volts on the "secondary."  For the current that these things will pull on the secondary is well within any kind of parameters.  Worked fine.  Now, I am always wonder what the status of the oil was when I was up to my arms in oil.

Lee - K0WA

 Ham Radio Operators:  Kansas QSO Party is August 28-29, 2010.  See www.ksqsoparty.org for details

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind. -  J. Wolf