[Amps] Peter Dahl / Harbach SB-220 transformer

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Jun 9 03:24:42 PDT 2010

Strikes me as the only good way to get more out of an SB-220 - avoids
stress on the bandswitch and tune cap due to higher voltage.  I wonder
if anyone has ever combined this with directly-grounded grids, which
W8JI and others advocate for increased power gain.

With the original grid circuitry, my SB-220 gets just about 1.2 KW out
on 80 and 40, decreasing to about 900 watts on 10, all with 100 watts of
drive.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com