[Amps] Transformer Calcs

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Thu Jun 10 11:24:58 PDT 2010

On 06/10/10 06:04 PM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> [...]

Personally I would have thought just because a transformer is not too hot to
touch, it would not be safe to assume it is ok. I've run many transformers up to
their maximum ratings and they are nowhere near being too hot to touch.

The perception of too hot will also change with person. I recall once finding a
radiator too hot to touch, but someone else could hold their hand on it
continuously.

Dave