[Amps] 3-500 filament meltdowns was: Re: Centurion plate current issue

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Jun 10 13:36:23 PDT 2010

My SB-220 has had this problem for some time.  I resoldered the pins on
at least 3 3-500Zs using silver solder from AG6K, and then finally
swapped two of the grid clips on each socket for the filament clips, on
the assumption that perhaps the spring steel had lost its mojo through
long-term heating.  Whatever, I haven't melted one out since, so it
might be worth a try if your sockets permit it.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com