[Amps] Heat Measurement in Amps

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Jun 11 20:40:42 PDT 2010

On 6/11/2010 6:39 PM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> [...]
Back in another life and time when I was working in industrial
Instrumentation and some high powered RF *stuff*, we used some rather
inexpensive "thermostatic switches". These were shaped similar to a TO-3
case and operated at a fixed temp. They would either open of close and
you would purchase them to operate at the desired temp. There is a more
expensive version that is adjustable.   I don't remember who made them,
but I think I might have one or two off some old surplus equipment.
I'll try to remember to look for them next time I'm out in the shop, but
I have 5 power supplies for external HDs I have to find.  My Emtron amp
senses temp and switches the fan speed if the exhaust air gets too hot.

73

Roger (K8RI)