[Amps] Peter Dahl / Harbach SB-220 transformer

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 18:43:13 PDT 2010

>As far as I know, Jeff bought all the blueprints that PD had concerning all
 >the after market ham radio amp transformers he had avaliable.  Jeff offers
 >the same transformers PD offered but are now wound by Magnetech in Ma. to
>the PD  specs.  Order through Jeff and shipped via Magnetech.  He offers the
 >products from his website where you can find the typical PD catalog PD
>offered  from his website.  Lou

Last time I looked at Jeff's ham tran. list at least one thing was
missing, the Dahl replacement for the Ten Tec Centurion stock h.v.
transformer, which is a shame since the Dahl replacement was more
reliable.

BTW I think the outfit in Boston that does the Dahl building and
shipping is MagCap.

If you get a transformer built for you by Jeff W8CQ dba Harbach aka
Dahl i.e. MagCap you can get it potted if you are concerned about
temp. rise.  I guess the downside to that is repair is uhm, harder.

73

Rob
K5UJ