[Amps] Thermistor's.

Jim Thomson Jim.thom at telus.net
Tue Mar 2 20:12:29 PST 2010

From: "Randall, Randy" <Randy.Randall at healthall.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] soft start, how to determine if needed?

No so.  I had a RCA CTC-9 (Circa 1959-60) with a 21" round crt that used a ?thermistor? in the transformer's primary and it did open up.  Not having a ?replacement handy I just shorted the leads and powered on.  The set never made ?a sound powering up before, but after there was a loud bummmmmmm when the ac ?was applied.  This set did not have an automatic degaussing circuit.?

Randy AB9GO ?