[Amps] Revamping a really ugly amp

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Mar 13 14:21:13 PST 2010

Rex Lint wrote:
> Good point:  I hadn't thought of that.  It's probably like a voltage
> divider.  So the relay should be able to isolate (almost) 4k volts (at least
> the higher bands).  So looks like vacuum relays on the higher bands,

I had been dwelling on that point for a while. "I think" which means I
don't really know, that if the relay has a high enough breakdown
voltage,  current handling capability, AND is constructed of a material
that will withstand the RF it should work.  Aren't there systems  out
there that ground out the unused portions of the tank circuit and even
use different coils for 160, 75, and even 40?

Just a thought.

73

Roger (K8RI)