[Amps] PTFE dielectricum variable cap

la7sl Nils Petter la7sl at norgespost.no
Mon Mar 15 14:27:15 PDT 2010

On the  other side :
I have also used PTFE as dielectricum in the plate coupling cap
in a 4CX250B amp with a 1/4 coaxial plate circuit...No problems
with that one...on 144 Mhz !    Points toward poor polishing job in the
160 amp....
Put a piece of ptfe in a microwave with a glass of water (to protect/
provide load for the tube) and it will NOT heat the PTFE...
That is a good sign...I use to test all materials exposed to strong RF
that way :-)  If it heats or melts it is unsuitable,