[Amps] LK500ZB (2 x 3-500Z), most likely cause of zap/arc?

Carl Clawson carlclawson at verizon.net
Tue Mar 16 22:34:59 PDT 2010

Well I'll broadcast my ignorance here...I've never heard of a Teflon disc
cap. The only Teflon RF caps I remember are the Russian "doorknobs" which
are actually shaped more like a barber pole than a doorknob. The caps I
replaced -- no idea if they're the originals -- were leaded discs labeled
X5R so I took them to be ceramics. Two of them, about 1/4" thick and 5/8"
diameter. Luckily a friend up the road had some similar, physically larger,
ones in his junk box.

Any words of wisdom from the group on pluses or minuses of Teflon RF caps?
They hard to google for because you hit all the audiophile sites and I can't
take too much of that.

73, Carl WS7L