[Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 19:31:31 PDT 2010

Roger, think about this: Is't your fully shielded amplifier cabinet a
miniature version of a screen room? So how does the RF get out of the
cabinet?

If you look at the coax connector, I think we can agree there is no
problem with the center conductor, but what about the shield side?
According to your theory, skin effect should prevent any current from
flowing THROUGH the cabinet from the shield side on the inside to the
shield side on the outside. But there it is.

And how about the ground lug on the amplifier cabinet? How can RF get
from the inside of the fully shielded cabinet, through the cabinet to
the ground lug? But it does.

How can that be? Answer; A screen room (and a fully shielded cabinet)
prevents RADIATED energy from escaping, but not CONDUCTED energy. And
that is what this discussion started out about.

73, Bill W6WRT