[Amps] 91B problem in Paraguay

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 07:56:19 PDT 2010

DALE LONG wrote:
>Turned on my hosts amp this morning and tripped the 2amp slow-blow
>fuse...Got more fuses this afternoon and same thing keeps happening.
>
>Seemed to shut down normally althought there may have been a problem
>with a sticky T/R relay before turning off the amp.
>
>Any ideas what could be causing the 2 amp fuses to blow when turning on
>the switch?

I don't have the schematic but am fairly sure the "2A T" fuses protect
the step start resistors at the mains input. They blow when the
step-start relay fails to close. You should be able to hear that relay
click, a few moments after you switch on.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek