[Amps] 91B problem in Paraguay

DALE LONG dale.long at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 21 09:04:03 PDT 2010

Thanks Lane and all:

You may be right. The local tech reports a problem in a transformer. Also some scorched board and fried components in what he calls the 160m section.  Thats strange because my host removed his 160m antenna about a year ago and the amp has not operated on 160 for a long time, and only briefly, because this is a city location. I have not seen the inside of the amp, as it was taken to a trusted local tech. It is small consolation that I gave the amp to him as a gift, but I still feel terrible that it busted while I was using it.

Looks like I may need to bring the whole amp to the USA, and leave my friend without it...particularly bad, because he just told my what a major improvement the amp made to his station and referred to his station as "before Alpha" and "after Alpha" because it was so dependable. He hasnt used the Henry in a couple years, so we need to try it again.

But the IC756 only puts out 30 watts on 10m, so cannot drive the Henry.  I was in Russian contest on 10m with only  30 watts. My friend is a SSB man and likes to be loud. Without an amp this station is better on CW.

thanks to all

Dale ZP6/n3bna