[Amps] Tuned Input for G-G 50Mhz amp

Hardy Landskov n7rt at cox.net
Sun Mar 21 19:35:54 PDT 2010

With that being said, a T network works well with one adjustment on the
input. I use one on my 6 meter amp.  Remember, you still have that amplifier
tube that is going to generate its own distortion. So all the filtering in
the world will not work before the final amp unless you filter just before
the antenna. You generally have no control of phase---that's why you have
the Pi-Net following the tube for matching and harmonic reduction.....and
the antenna after that which is another broadband filter but not a very good
one.
I just wish AM broadcast band stations were required to bandpass their
emissions. But that is another subject.
My 2 cents.
N7RT