[Amps] Good engineering

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 12:06:16 PDT 2010

Definately the wrong attitude, but everything designed has a lifespan.  Bridges, fire suppression systems and airplanes require periodic inspections.   The engineers design to some lenght of time for operation between inspections, but truth be told can't control all the factors which may make the system fail before the time expires.

Paul, kg7hf

What an attitude to have in that profession! Unbelievable...

I guess we can collectively only hope & pray that his graduates didn't get
into designing building sprinkler systems ("...Good for one fire!"), bridges
("...Safe for 1012 crossings---good luck if you're the lucky number one
thousand & 13th"), and airplanes ("Guaranteed for 100 cross-country flights
only").

Some things you simply can not, & should not, attach to a time-line...