[Amps] B&W PT-2500A HF Amplifier

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Mar 24 16:12:35 PDT 2010

Ummm, I never said that B&W used a different switch or transformer. AFIK,
they could have used a US built transformer but I never asked, even when I
was at the factory.

As far as the Pi-L, I beg to differ as it was a severe problem that went
thru 2 revisions in the US before it was stable on all bands and under all
possible conditions such as all out contesting for 48 hours non stop.  A new
parasitic suppressor design was also implemented.

If you read the thread you will see that I was comparing the final version
B&W amp to other 2 x 3-500 amps on the market and concluded it was the best
of the breed. Viewstar deserves a good part of the credit.

Carl
KM1H