[Amps] Why people don't build amps.

Andy andy at gd0tep.com
Thu Mar 25 16:10:33 PDT 2010

An interesting thread this one...

Here's my penny...

Having spent considerable time trying to get a commercial 50mhz amplifier to work as advertised, and learning from the experience, I decided I'd like to built my
own amp.

Starting small, a single band, GI7b from scratch has taught me quite a lot so far and I'm not finished yet.... i've been following the YU1AW design tagged as 'lazy
build' for 50mhz.

I'll agree that it would have been cheaper to buy an amp, but I'm having more fun building, plus I'm learning a lot more from the experience to boot!

I'll be posting some info on my website when complete.

73,
Andy
http://gd0tep.com