[Amps] me not an idiot

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 07:51:38 PDT 2010

How does that old saying go? You can't work them if they can't hear you?
No, that's not right.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/29/2010 7:48:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
sm2ekm at telia.com writes:

Well 5  KW probably is what the driver produce.
During the CQ 160m contest last  year there was
this EU station that had his "main" amp out of
service  and he was using the back up amp that
"only" did produce 12 KW.

/  Jim SM2EKM
---------------------
Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] wrote:
>  Dave White skrev:
>> The less you cane a piece of equipment the less  the stress on
components run well within their specification limits.   Simple as that.  Sure, I
can't see the point in building a 4CX10,000D amp  to run 400w but a 5kw amp to
run a k and a half seems ok to me.  You pays  your money and you takes your
choice
>> Cheers
>>
> Some of those 5KW capable amps were  certainly running flat out in this
> week-end WPX contest! When you  answer a 9+60dB signal with a measly 1KW
> Tx, and he can't even hear  you, something fishy is afoot!

Amps mailing  list
Amps at contesting.com