[Amps] multiplex??

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Mar 29 08:36:56 PDT 2010

I used a standard toroid power splitter design and didnt get fussy about the
match. The TS-940 tuner was happy and so were the 2 amps.

That was for 160 with an inverted vee at 160' and a pair of verticals
sloping off the guy wires with elevated radials.  Worked gangbusters.
Interaction was minimal as directivity with the verticals was good enough at
15-20dB with a simple coax and relay phasing system....nothing fancy to
break. Beverages for receive.

It will be going up again this year at 180' (I extended the tower) and with
a 4 square. At 180' the angle is still mostly warming the clouds but its
been proven time and again that they are extremely effective for the strange
propagation that 160 is famous for.  I busted a monster pileup in one call
on a Peter I DXpedition and at Dayton the operator said I was at least 10dB
above everone and the only call he could copy. The antenna apex was at 50'
and the ends at 3' ! That was when I first moved here and it was winter. The
same 1200W LK-500ZC  I still use.

Since my 2nd amp is now an Alpha 76 3 holer Ive probably got to diddle a bit
with the power splitting.

Carl
KM1H