[Amps] Good engineering...More Car Computer Horror Stories

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 12:36:19 PDT 2010

It is all part of the show!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/30/2010 12:14:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
wlfuqu00 at uky.edu writes:

I took a look at the bunch of idiots doing the shoot out  and trying to
understand why someone with a
70kW amplifier needs a  nitrous oxide injected 454 engine to drive the
alternators. Needs less  than
200 horse power at 50% efficiency.
bill

At 12:43 PM  3/30/2010 -0400, RICHARD SOLOMON wrote:

>And they say Hams are nuts  !!!
>
>With enough RF floating around to mess up his camera, I can  just imagine
>the effects on soft tissue.
>
>Can you spell  Gioblastoma ??
>
>73, Dick, W1KSZ
>
> > Date: Tue,  30 Mar 2010 12:15:44 -0400
> > From: ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
>  > To: amps at contesting.com
> > Subject: Re: [Amps] Good  engineering...More Car Computer Horror Stories
> >
> > >  I have in my files a very nice letter from Toyota stating that it
was
>  okay with running up to 100 W Po in my `09 Scion. Can make it available
> upon request with my address redacted should anyone be  interested.
> >
> > >   Sounds like they still  are!
> >
> >    A few HAMs in North Tampa seem to  enjoying kicking up their 2 meter
> power to 50 Watts
> >  (while talking on local repeaters) on purpose, as they enter parking
>  garages, just to hear
> > the car alarms go off.
> >   Many free-banders (frequently called CBers) run thousands of Watts
> mobile.
> > Free-banders are like hams, but without power  and frequency
limitations.

> >    See:  www.bigradios.com/avis/ if you are not a believer.
> > --
>  >     Ron  KA4INM - The next election, I know what is  going to happen,
> I'm going to help.

Amps  mailing  list
Amps at contesting.com