[Amps] Cleaning air-wound coils

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 3 06:13:40 PDT 2010

> How do you get the tarnish off of miniductor or airdux-type coils wound
> with tinned wire?
> It's hard to get steel wool in between the turns!

   Steel Wool should never be used on wood or anything that you try to "pretty up" because
you will put micro-slivers of steel in your project that will eventually rust and turn
brown, even under varnish.  "Scotch-brite" is an abrasive plastic pad that is effective
and does not have the above drawback.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The next election, I know what is going to happen, I'm going to help.