[Amps] 4CX250B Ratings in Dentron Clipperton V

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sat May 22 13:27:11 PDT 2010

On 5/22/2010 1:22 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2010 19:32:43 -0400, Roger wrote:
>

>> The screen is the most sensitive tuning indicator and particularly so at
>> the higher power settings.
>>
> So if I watch the screen current, am I tuning for minimum?

No.

In the final stages of tuning a Tetrode amp you are peaking the screen
current with the loading control. This peak coincides with maximum
output, or should and is a sharper peak than the output.
If the screen current is excessive, back off on the drive a bit and
retune. The max screen current should also come with minimum grid
current for any specific drive. IOW, increasing screen current decreases
grid  current.

73

Roger (K8RI)