[Amps] 4CX250B Ratings in Dentron Clipperton V

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Sun May 23 01:10:19 PDT 2010

Dick Hanson wrote:

>Unfortunately, however, we're sort applying lipstick to a pig here. The
>250B is just not a very 'worthy' tube at -22db; hard to gain BFF among
>your neighboring six meter guys..... Might as well run an old model
>brick with no active bias (closer to class C than AB anything).

At output levels of about 250W PEP per tube, the 4CX250B is capable of
IMD3 figures around -35dB (referenced to PEP).

It is Eimac's marketing claims, inciting users to drive the tubes to a
much higher power output, that were "unworthy"... not the tube itself.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek