[Amps] 833 plate cathode capacitance

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Mon Oct 4 22:44:58 PDT 2010

Finally got around to it and measured the plate to cathode capacitance.
I was quite surprised. It was as high as stated in specs. I got about 20pF but that includes
a few pF from setup wiring.
   I thought I'd try another tube that has similar dissipation and characteristics 304TL.
Its plate to cathode capacitance was less than a pF.
So even grounded grid operation with a 833A may not be stable with out some neutralization.

Used spectrum analyzer and tracking generator.  Measured feed thru signal level and calculated capacitance based on
frequency and input Z of spectrum analyzer. The grid was grounded and signal fed to plate and cathode connected to
spectrum analyzer.

73
Bill wa4lav