[Amps] Holes vs. screen for chassis ventilation?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Oct 6 10:04:14 PDT 2010

  On 10/6/2010 5:45 AM, TexasRF at aol.com wrote:
> 1>  the old Bill Orr Radio Handbook has a chart showing rf attenuation vs
> hole size in the section dealing with rfi and shielding  considerations.

There is a detailed set of relatively simple design equations for the
relationship between hole size and RF leakage vs frequency in all
versions of Henry Ott's excellent texts on EMC.  I'm working with
editors of the ARRL Handbook to get this material in that book. Yes, it
is VERY important that the opening consist of small holes to maintain
shielding.

The latest edition of Henry's book (the third) is a must have for anyone
concerned with electronic design. NOT filled with math, very practical.
Henry is a ham, don't remember his call.

http://hottconsultants.com

73, Jim K9YC