[Amps] Shielding Effectiveness

Dave M slash_dot at msn.com
Wed Oct 6 15:35:26 PDT 2010

What I have been using is the scavenged shield from Microwave oven doors , it is sturdy, attractive, reasonably easy to cut and it is free, I strip back the paint on the edges and use rf gasket material sandwichid between the bare  metal screen and the chassis , seems to work OK for me and I see no reason it wouldn't work for others

I figure if it will sheild 1250 watts od RF at 2.4ghz there is no reason it wont be fine for HF

73     VE3DV , Dave