[Amps] Switching Supplies for High Current Filaments

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Thu Oct 7 04:48:26 PDT 2010

I think making the switcher "ramp up" is pretty easy as most of them already ramp up their voltage at start up by varying the pwm duty cycle.  I've done quite a bit of experimentation on this for a smps I am making.  I don't think it would be a great leap to have the voltage quickly come up to 10% less or whatever is desired, then increase over some time as the current draw decreases.

Paul, kg7hf