[Amps] The old PEP question.

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 7 18:11:42 PDT 2010

That's dead right. Just tried it with my pair of 3-500Z's, on 14 MHz,
into a dummy load.

Reading on LP-100A is 1320 Watts sending dits at 30wpm

Plate volts (unloaded) 3200V
Plate current (key down) 650mA

Result: 1290 Watts PEP

Conclusion: Its as close as spittin'.

Key down power is 1180 Watts

Working back to Cam's original question, I reckon he might expect
1450 Watts PEP plus or minus a few.

73, Alek.
VK6APK

At 08:49 AM 8/10/2010, Carl wrote:
>Well it not exact but close enough for government work:
>
>Take your no load voltage, times the key down current, times .62 and its
>within spittin' distance and you dont need to spend any money.
>
>Carl
>KM1H

 From sunny Binningup, Western Australia

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk