[Amps] 6146 via 572b's

john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com
Tue Oct 12 12:30:20 PDT 2010

"I was in qso with a another ham about a tube type amp that could be
used with our  Yaesu FT-817 's. The FT-817 will do about 5 watt's on a
good day.  He recalled that he did know of a amp like this.  So
looking for a name or a schematic ?"

If you're looking for the ~100 watt range ,  find a PA and PS  from a HW-101 or similar rig
(the rig you could
get almost for free these days).  and adapt it?  That's certainly not as elegant as a pair of
4CX1500s
but it's considerably cheaper! :-).  They're generally driven only by a 12BY7 , not 5 w, but
you could pad
it or reduce power from the exciter.

Just a low $ proposal

John K5MO