[Amps] 6146 via 572b's

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Oct 13 00:38:48 PDT 2010

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:16:49 -0700
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242 at yahoo.com>

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 04:54:58 +0800, Alek Petkovic <vk6apk at bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Just get rid of the 817. Problem solved.

REPLY:

Best idea yet.  :-)

73, Bill W6WRT

###  I concur.  QRP with big ants might work, but with reg ants.. QRP is a tough slog.
I gave up on these 100w xcvr's yrs ago. My FT-1000-D does 300 w pep put, without breaking
a sweat.  I tried 10 watts  QRP cw yrs ago.... and also 2 watts.  10 watts was tough enough, but
2 watts was frustrating.  The folks who should be getting the award is the poor folks who have to struggle,
trying to pull these QRP sigs out of the mud.

Jim  VE7RF