[Amps] TUNER

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Thu Oct 14 02:30:33 PDT 2010

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 07:18:21 -0700
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry at inbox.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TUNER

EXCEPT when you get to the higher bands. (10 and 15. And sometimes 20). You
need a way to cancel out the reactance. At least you do on a pair of 4CX800
Russian tetrodes.

73
Jim W7RY

### agreed.  Alpha achieves that by switching in  a tiny bit of uh   in parallel  with the  grid to chassis resistor.
## On these 8170/8171 tetrodes,  they use a small roller inductor in parallel with the 450 ohm resistor.   That
cancels out the XC  from the  C between  control grid  and cathode.
If you don't do this,,, you will have SWR on the input, between xcvr and input of amp.

Jim  VE7RF