[Amps] construct ferrite "line isolator"

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 12:14:19 PDT 2010

The mix is THE issue.  The permeability of the type 6 powder is microscopic by comparison to type 31 at low HF.  Get some type 31
material and it will swat those RFI flys like they were nothing.

The next mistake guys make is not using big enough ones.  Larger sized units allow for multiple turns and so you get that
exponential effect with each singular added turn.

The Fair-rite numbers for the type 31 mix are:

Solid core:        2631102002        this one is great for cables you make up in the shack.

Medium clamp on    0431164181

Large clamp on    0431176451

Huge clamp on    0431177081

There is a 2.4" x 0.5" round one that I use for the transmitting chokes and these are directly from Jim's article on the subject.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com