[Amps] construct ferrite "line isolator"

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Oct 27 10:26:33 PDT 2010

On 10/27/2010 7:18 AM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> That is quite true and worth knowing, but so far this thread has been
> only about RFI suppression, not resonant circuits.

Yes. BUT -- when distributors talk about "good" it's sometimes hard to
know what "good" means to THEM.  Are they talking about use as inductors
or as suppressors?

And what Ward has said here ties in with Carl's point -- you must either
study the datasheet to learn how the material acts at your frequency of
interest, or you must do your own measurements or experimentation.  One
of the great virtues of companies like Fair-Rite, and to a lesser
extent, MicroMetals, is the quality of their data sheets.  Fair-Rite is
MILES ahead of the rest of the ferrite industry here -- their catalog
and data sheets are so good, and have SO MUCH data  that I was able to
actually learn a lot about how ferrites work, how they differ from each
other, and how each mix and part would work in my application.

73, Jim K9YC