[Amps] New YC=156A

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 06:02:00 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 06:39:34 -0400, Pete Smith <n4zr at contesting.com>
wrote:

>nyone had experience in ham use with their Pro-Tek brand Chinese tubes?
>
>73, Pete N4ZR

REPLY:

I bought a Chinese 8877 from this guy with the "Pride" brand on it. I
got the impression he stamps the brand on it himself but I could be
wrong.

The first one he sent me was supposedly brand new but it was obviously
not. It was dirty, tarnished and looked bad. I complained, he gave me
a song and dance, but eventually replaced it with one that really was
brand new. It now has many hundreds of hours on it and has been
working fine.

For what it's worth.

73, Bill W6WRT