[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 93, Issue 11

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 09:35:55 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:54:37 EDT, TexasRF at aol.com wrote:

>In my view, a diode pair reverse connected from B minus to ground is the
>preferred combination. Back to back would look like an open circuit until one
>or  both fail shorted.

REPLY:

That is what I meant - in parallel but with reversed polarity. At one
time I used the term anti-parallel but some people on this reflector
objected to  it.

Quoting Wikipedia:  "In electronics, two anti-parallel or
inverse-parallel devices are connected in parallel but with their
polarities reversed."

 Perhaps we should start using one term or the other for clarity?

Bill, W6WRT