[Amps] Autotune amplifier. How to implement actuator / system for tank switching?

Robert Morris robrk at nidhog.net
Sat Sep 11 14:05:44 PDT 2010

On 9/11/10 4:42 PM, Paul Decker wrote:

> You might also take a look at the URT-23 system specifically the AM-3924 amplifier, it's an auto tune system and uses a matrix of relays to bring in L and C for the tank circuit.  The manuals and schematics are very detailed and should provide some interesting ideas.

I made mention of this a month ago on a similar thread. I have a 1976 vintage
Motorola manual of an 8877 HF amp using smallish, open frame relays to switch
the taps on a PiL coil. Tried to get someone with a bigger brain to do the math
of voltages and current to be expected, with no takers.

In a dim photograph, the relays don't look to be more than what many are using
in remote antenna or four square boxes.

They say "modified". thinking they put straps across the contacts of a DPDT relay.

believed to be clean.